A husband and wife team. Yusuf is a professional chef, Clarissa is a designer, events organiser and very good cook. Regular supper clubs in Norfolk, Suffolk, Devon and London. For bookings and event information email unthanksupperclub@gmail.com

Thursday 10 November 2011

My Christmas Tail of the Cock, as I like to call them.

 
 In a desperate attempt to create a nightcap the other night I created what could have been an icky monster, but was in actual fact the  random act of something quite lovely. I had a psychological rummage (too lazy to actually leave the sofa) through the drinks cupboard, I say 'drinks cupboard' it is the cupboard under the stairs stuffed with a hoover, double adapters and toys that make too many sounds. My drinks cupboard is pretty normal. The residue of odd bottles of undrinkable fluids only used at Christmas for cocktails and cooking. Nothing you can just crack open and have a glass of, and odd amounts that amount to not very much. If I were a teenager and this was my Mum and Dad's house I would no doubt make a heady mix of the lot to get pissed while they were out, only to spend most of the night taking the porcelain bus for a ride having my back rubbed by my Mum while she silently took the piss out of me behind my back to my Dad. It's pretty shit.
But I was keen for a sip of something small and heady.
So, in my mind I mixed two drinks. As I imagined the two both very unique and particular ingredients (sheer desperation) I did a flavour check, no...no...no....hmmm...maybe actually....yes...Ok I will get off the sofa.

1 shot Single Malt (mine was Sainsburgers, nothing special enough to really drink alone)
1 shot of Pedro Ximenez

Pour both into a glass and drink it.

For the purposes of beauty I have added 3 blueberries dipped in edible glitter, I love a bit of glitter. (Not the Gary kind)

It is Christmas in a glass, and folks, I have googled it and so far cannot find a recipe for it. So! I am the inventor of the ''Pedro Mack''

Enjoy my festive Tail of the Cock.x

2 comments:

  1. I am a big Sherry lover and this does actually sound really delicious Thanks, I'm off the couch now too, to pour one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! A lit fire and a Sherry/Whisky cocktail...nice.x

    ReplyDelete